1. As Salamu alaikoom means “Peace be upon you” and is a greeting used by 1.7 billion Muslims around the world.
2. Wa alaikoom as salam means “and upon you peace” is the reply given when someone says “as salamu alaikoom”.
و عليكم السلام
3. Shukran means “Thank you”.
4. Ma Sha Allah means “What Allah Wishes” and expresses appreciation, joy, praise, or thankfulness for an event or person that was just mentioned.
ما شاء الله
5. In Sha Allah means “God Willing”. You should never say “I am going to do something” without saying In Sha Allah.
إن شاء الله
6. Ta Fadhul (to a male) ,Ta Fadhuli (To a female), Ta Fadhulu (To a group) means “if you please”. If someone comes to visit you, you will invite them in by saying Ta Fadhul.
7. Bimillah ir Rahman ar Rahim means “ In the name of God, the Beneficent, the Merciful. This phrase is uttered any time one starts something.
بِسْم الله الرحمن الرحيم
8. Ahlan wa Sahlan means “Welcome”. Loosely translated, it means, “May you arrive as part of the family, and tread an easy path (as you enter).”
أهلا و سهلا
9. Al hamdulilah means “Praise to God”. It is said in lots of situations. If someone asks “How are you?” You can reply by saying “alhamdulilah”. It is also said after sneezing or anytime you finish something.
10. Maa Salama literally means “with safety”. It is used to say Goodbye.